Why Join PTA?
Your Membership Makes a Difference
Dozens of studies on parental engagement show a definitive connection between family involvement and academic achievement.
While primarily working to advocate for, enhance, and enrich our scholars’ educational experience, the PTA/PTSA is a great way to increase your involvement and engagement as a family.
Our goal for the 2019-20 school year is 100% membership!
Your membership not only benefits our Wilder community, but also you. Here are a few benefits:
- Get Connected – A great way to be more aware of what is happening at Wilder
- Tap Into a Network – Share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community
- Watch Yourself Grow – By volunteering gain valuable experiences
- Speak Up – As an advocacy organization, PTA can be an effective way to suggest change
- See Improvement – Be a part of positive changes at Wilder, help raise funds to support building improvements and educational resources for our scholars
- Be a Role Model – Show our children the importance we place on education
- Resources and opportunities from Virginia PTA and National PTA
- Member benefits and discounts from Virginia PTA and National PTA like 15% off at Great Wolf Lodge
There are three ways to join – In person at a PTSA event, by completing a membership form (click here) and mail in or drop off at the main office with payment (please do not mail cash), or join online – see below for details.
The Wilder PTSA has started using an online communication tool called MemberHub. This software was provided free because of a partnership between MemberHub and Virginia PTA. Here are some ways you can use MemberHub:
- PTSA memberships for you, your family, your student(s)
- Donate to the Wilder PTSA
- Get Spirit Wear (Coming Soon!)
Your information is stored securely and privately. Please visit https://wilder.memberhub.com/join/3txvw9 to add you and your family to Wilder’s MemberHub site. After joining, you will have access to the PTSA Store (https://wilder.memberhub.store/) to obtain your memberships.
There are many ways to volunteer for the Wilder PTSA. There are ongoing opportunities and also one-time opportunities, so it does not have to be a huge time commitment to be meaningfully involved. Areas for volunteering include:
- Communications (Newsletter, web, social media) (seeking Chairperson)
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation (seeking Chairperson)
- Student Support/Resources
- Events/Programs (Internet Workshop, College Funding Workshop, etc).
- Reflections for the Arts
- School Improvement/Enhancement Projects (Auditorium/Stage, Outdoor Spaces)
- Fundraising (Grant writing, soliciting corporate and business sponsors)
Shop & Give Back
Through programs like Publix Partners, Kroger Community Rewards, and Amazon Smile, once you have enrolled in these programs, all you have to do is what you normally would, SHOP! The Wilder PTSA benefits by a quarterly donation which is a percentage of your shopping. It’s a win-win.
PTSA Partners & Sponsors
We all know if takes MORE than just funding to enhance our scholars’ educational experience through programs and providing additional resource support for Wilder. But it DOES take funding!
Our primary approach presently is seeking grants and funding from corporate and business sponsors; however, your memberships and donations of any size DO make a big impact!
Some of what is made possible are things like:
- Be Internet Awesome (Family Internet Safety Workshop) (Nov 2019)
- College Funding and Prep Workshop (Feb 2020)
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation
- Support for Athletics
- Support for Music and the Arts
- Support for Student Fees/Fieldtrips
- Support for STEAM / Tech
- Support for additional Library resources
- Support for school programs such as Career Day and Black History Month
- Building/Grounds Improvement