What: Be Internet Awesome Workshop
When: November 19th – 6pm – 8pm
Dinner and snacks provided. Great giveaways! Sign up BELOW
This is a great opportunity for families to check out their internet safety and citizenship – from creating passwords to handling tough online situations, you’ll find good advice.
Additional Internet Safety Resources
The SmartTalk: Have #TheSmartTalk
- Interactive site that helps families have a digital safety conversation and set written ground rules to clarify technology limits.
Connect Safely: ConnectSafely | Promoting Safety, Privacy & Security
- Parents, teens, educators, and advocates will find tips, safety advice, articles, news, analysis, video and other resources to promote safe, effective use of connected technology. ConnectSafely is also the U.S. host of Safer Internet Day.
Common Sense Media: Parents Need to Know | Common Sense Media
- Information about ways to support youth as they transform into digital citizens. Includes reviews and ratings for apps and games.
Net Cetera: (OnGuardOnline.Gov): Parents
- Parent friendly guides with information from the Federal Trade Commission on how to protect your child from identity theft and phishing scams
Facebook: Safety Center
- The Safety Center has resources for parents and children on privacy, security, and bullying prevention
Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force: Home
- Helps state and local law enforcement agencies develop an effective response to technology-facilitated child sexual exploitation and internet crimes against children.